Hi,
   Our consortium is currently at 121 members and growing. While individual
library systems practice resource sharing and we are in the midst of a resource
sharing trial between three more distant libraries, we do not have
consortium-wide resource sharing at this time. Holds consortium-wide are set to
not use FIFO. This has not been a problem, but now one local system has
requested to be switched to FIFO. I am not unsympathetic: they are a
consolidated library system with two buildings both within a mile of each
other. For them there is no intrinsic advantage to opportunistic holds, and the
current method is unpopular with patrons. However, they  resource share with
two other nearby library systems that are not FIFO. If we were to switch this
library to FIFO, what implications would it have for the other two non-FIFO
libraries with whom they resource share? I am not sure if it matters, but they
use 3 month age protection.

Thank you,
Scott

Scott Thomas
Executive Director
PaILS / SPARK
(717) 873-9461
scott.tho...@sparkpa.org<mailto:scott.tho...@sparkpa.org>
Stay informed! Join the SPARK-User Email List: