Hello Diane,   Our EG/SIPServer setup does include patron expiration info, and
how much the user owes.  That can be used by the vendor to block access based
on the account being expired and owing more than a certain amount.  But the
vendor that is using SIP2 to authenticate has to handle that logic on their
end.  The sip response just sends the data about blocks in the message.

It looks like the AF field also get set to blocked as well as the expiration
date being sent in the PA field in the case of the account being expired.

In the case of owing too much, the AF field again is set to "blocked" and the
BV field has the total owed.

So all they should have to do is look for AF = blocked and then refuse the
authentication request.  It seems like if you give them a few example test
accounts they should be able to figure it out.

That said, you may still run into vendors that refuse to handle things
correctly on their end.  You could also look into modifying the SIPServer
software to short circuit the patron info/patron status responses.  We just did
something similar to keep patrons in certain profile groups from logging into
certain services.  OCLC refused our request for them to make use of the
permission group info that gets sent along with the 64 patron status response,
so we had to handle it on our end.  I can give you details on the changes we
made if you want to go down that route.

Josh Stompro - LARL IT Director