Hi Josh:

Quick question: XUL or web staff client? And version?

In theory, what you see is what you should get - MARC has no idea what HTML
entities are, so "&" in the editor should be displayed as "&"
(properly escaped, of course) in the catalogue.

If you see & in the biblio.record_entry.marc, it may be the result
of corrupted catalogue enrichment efforts (e.g. grabbing the summary for a
book from a website via a script with a bug), and thus should just be
corrected directly to "&". Unless it's a deliberately torturous book title
like "Escaping <HTML> &amp;amp; other Secure Web Practices" :)

If &amp; in the MARC shows up as just & in the 520 catalogue output, it
sounds like there might be a bug for us to track down...

Thanks,
Dan