We've been talking for some time about this as well. In order for this to
work without staff intervention, we would need to be able to go through a
third party to validate identity and address (similar to how online credit
card applications work), and we'd also need to check to see if the person
already has an existing account in our system and redirect them
appropriately if they do.

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service