From: Mike Rylander [mailto:mrylan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:00 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Cc: evergreen-...@list.evergreen-ils.org
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] [External] [Evergreen-acq] Overview and mockups
for acquisitions development project

CAUTION: External email. Do not click links or open attachments unless
verified. Send all suspicious email as an attachment to Report
Spam.<mailto:report.s...@nc.gov>

Irene,

Equinox is as excited to be designing the features and writing the code as you
are to see it happening, I assure you!

The way we do development intentionally takes feedback like this into account.
The initial phase will be creation of the sets of functional specifications in
consultation with our funding partners, and to the degree we can, by the
broader community.  While I can't promise specifics before we've created the
functional specs, I can say that the two things you list here are relatively
minor additions given the full scope of the project, and could likely be
incorporated into the specs as we move forward.  I would not expect either to
blow up the budget of the provider portion of our work.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Mike Rylander

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 4:40 PM Patrick, Irene <irene.patr...@ncdcr.gov>
wrote:

> Kathy,

> Today is my first day back after the conference where I've had time to
look at list mail, so I just saw your message today.  I'm very excited to see
this work on the Acquisitions module!  I'm especially happy to see the proposal
to handle provider records and searching more like the patron records, which is
what I've been wishing for ever since we migrated to Evergreen last year.

> I have a couple of comments on the proposal.  One is that in the
> provider
record, I don't see a field for FEIN.  Our budget office has required us to
provide the FEIN for all our vendors, for the past 20 years or so.  They will
not pay anyone without an FEIN or SSN, and have required us to get that
information from our providers. I wonder if you all could consider adding a
dedicated field for FEIN on the provider records, along with the name, provider
code and SAN.

> Our other big problem with the provider records is that we made
> extensive
use of vendor notes in our former ILS.  These were actually all migrated to
Evergreen.  But they're useless to us because, although there is a notes field
in the Evergreen provider record, it does not display in the client.
I don't see a notes field for providers anywhere in the proposal.  No doubt
adding a notes field would throw off the quote provided, but it's a big concern
for our library.  We've got plenty of places for notes on patron records in
Evergreen; I'd like to see something similar for provider records.  Maybe this
could be kept in mind for future development?

> Those two points aside, this proposal would be a great advance for
acquisitions in Evergreen.  I am looking forward to seeing the improvements!

> Irene Patrick
> Library & Information Management Systems Librarian NC Dept. of Natural
> and Cultural Resources
> 919.807.7413  |  irene dot patrick at ncdcr dot gov
> 109 E. Jones St.  | 4640 Mail Service Center Raleigh, North Carolina
> 27699-4600 Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  YouTube  Website

> Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>;
evergreen-...@list.evergreen-ils.org
> Subject: [External] [Evergreen-acq] Overview and mockups for
> acquisitions
development project

> CAUTION: External email. Do not click links or open attachments unless
verified. Send all suspicious email as an attachment to Report Spam.<mailto:
report.s...@nc.gov>

> Hi all,

> I'm sending along a link to the overview of the acquisitions
> development
project that was discussed at the acquisitions interest group this morning.

https://yeti.esilibrary.com/dev/public/techspecs/angular-acq-phase0-rept.pdf

> Equinox created this report, which breaks down a project to move
acquisitions to AngularJS (or Angular) in ten different sprints. The report
also includes some draft mock-ups for acquisitions interfaces.
> Many thanks to Georgia PINES for funding this report!

> Along with this report, MassLNC has received a quote to create tech
> specs
for this project. We'll be reviewing the quote over the next few weeks and will
possibly reaching out to the community for help in funding this project.