From: Open-ils-general
[mailto:open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Daniel
Wells
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 6:52 PM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Towards more consistent terminology in the web
client

As for the "Add Volumes" vs "Add Copies", the problem there was that the
omnibus branch created an "Add Volume" menu entry within the holdings view
which did exactly that, add an empty "volume" (call number) with no copy.  It
felt like bad design to have this menu entry for "Add Volume" which only added
the call number while also having an "Add Volumes" button which added both the
call number and the copy.  An early revision, for maximum clarity, relabeled
the record-level button to "Add Volumes and Copies", but a long button label
such as that brings its own challenges.  It was then reasoned that "Add Copies"
in some sense implicitly means (at the record level) "Add (Volumes and)
Copies", since you can't have the second without the first.  And thus the
current label was born.

Sincerely,
Dan

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 5:40 PM, Lynn Floyd