On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:33:52 -0600, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As we all know and love and hate, when you run
>
> #iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port
>
> it will remove records for portals that are no longer returned and will
> overwrite existing records with new values from the command line (you
> can pass in new ifaces to bind to) and iscsi.conf. This was the original
> behavior and I had been carrying it along because no one complained and
> it was really simple.

Great, this behaviour recently caused a lot of headache ;)

> With the attached patch, you can now control what gets updated, deleted
> and added.

Even Greater! :)
Do you already have a deadline for the next stable release of open-iscsi? Since
we use mainly Debian on our servers and we use open-iscsi on multiple servers,
I might be able to provide at least unofficial packages until the real
open-iscsi packages get updated as well.

> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -o new
> (only adds records for portals we do not have records for)
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -o delete
> (only removes records for portals that we have a record for but is no
> longer returned by the target)
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -o update
> (only updates the records of portals that already have records and are
> returned by the target. The iscsi.conf and command line info is used).
>
> You can then add combinations of the ops. The default is the behavior
> where we do all of them:
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -o update -o delete -o new
> (delete old records, add new ones and update the existing ones with the
> iscsi.conf and command lines values).
>
> If you just wanted to add old ones and pick up new ones then you can do:
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port -o delete -o new
> (the existing record values will not change and new records will use the
> iscsi.conf and command line values values)
>
> You can basically use any combo of delete, new and update for hopefully
> all the different behaviors you guys wanted.
>
> This currently does not work with isns. I am in the middle of fixing
> that up and the patch does not work.
>
> Oh yeah, the patch in this mail will work with the code in the
> open-iscsi git tree, or if you are not using git then use this tarball:
>   http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-868-test1.tar.gz
>
> Please let me know if I missed anything or there is a bug, or you have
> any other ideas.
>
> One last thing on the todo, is that for the udpate option, we have to
> have running sessions that will be affected use the new values.
>
> --
Mit freundlichen Gr��en / with kind regards
 Rudolph Bott

--

Megabit Informationstechnik GmbH Karstr.25
41068 Moenchengladbach Tel:02161/30898-0 Fax:-18