On Feb 14, 12:16 pm, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Lee Lambert wrote:
> > I'm trying to get open-iscsi to run on a Gentoo system.  I've set some
> > other systems up,  but on this one the /etc/init.d/open-iscsi script
> > hangs.  [...]
> It looks like a couple bugs :(
>
> First one is [...]
>
> The second problem is [...]

I was compiling from source (-865-7), not from the Gentoo package.
Recompiling the kernel and modules, deleting a stray /usr/sbin/iscsid
(possibly from a failed installation to an older Gentoo package),
rebooting, and re-running "make install" in the -865-15 build
directory fixed it.

(I built the initiator from source because I'm trying to solidify a
simple procedure to install an iSCSI initiator with multipathing on
both Gentoo and Ubuntu Dapper.)

--
DLL