Hi Jesper,

> I have an Equalogic iSCSI array that has 3 x 1gbit interfaces. Do I have
> to do anything to the software initiator to make it utillize the
> redundancy? Or does it automatically shift the connection to one of the
> other ip-adresses if one of the links go down?

The array redirects the client to the least utilized interface. The
client doesn't have to choose itself. In case a link goes down I am not
sure what happens. I suppose that the client will be trying to reconnect
to the initial pool ip address and gets redirected to a working
interface from there. Depending on your timeout settings you will have
filesystems problems or not.

> Another (somewhat related) question. We borrowed the first array and
> Equalogic has a feature where you can just add new arrays to the pool.
> It will then have say 6 x 1gbit interfaces for a time.. then you can
> tell it to move the data/volumes to the other array and you can power
> off the old one. The Portal-Ip-adresse remains the same under the
> operation but the ip-adresses that sucks up the data doesn't.
>
> How is the software initiator supposed to handle this situation?

In this case I think that the array gives a redirect order to one of the
new interfaces prior to completely removing the old array.

Regards,
Bjoern