This new thread summarizes and continues a discussion that we (Mike, Or
and myself) had outside the list. This is what we have so far:

    * Having a parent device: commit
      62786b526687db54c6dc22a1786d6df8b03da3f3 in the bnx2i branch looks
      ok, and will solve the DMA mask problem. I think that it's cleaner
      than calling slave_alloc etc. However, this code cannot be used
      outside the bnx2i branch. I think that we need to create another
      patch (based on this one) to submit upstream. Mike - what do you
      think?
    * iSER alignment issue: I'm not sure if we can force our
      restrictions through scsi_host_template. Again, the restrictions are:
          o The 1st element must end at the page boundary.
          o The last element must start at the page boundary.
          o All other elements must be page aligned (i.e. start at the
            beginning of a page and end at the page boundary).

       Can it be done using blk_queue_dma_alignment? pad_mask?

    * Host per session or host per IB device: I agree with Or about the
      need to have a host per session. I understand that the main
      problem that commit 7e8e8af6511afafff33ef7eb0f519bf8702b78ed tries
      to solve is what happens if we failover from one IB device to
      another, right? We prefer to continue using a host per session,
      and, actually, I don't understand enough the motivation for this
      patch:
          o If we do a failover from one IB device to another device, we
            need to replace our parent device (because some restrictions
            like DMA mask etc may be different between the 2 IB HCAs).
            If we use dm-multipath, then we have 2 different sessions,
            each with its own device, so if dm-multipath decides to move
            IO to the secondary path (which is a different session), I
            don't see a problem. Mike - I guess that I miss your real
            point here...

I suggest that we continue on this thread and dump the other
out-of-the-list thread (which became quite messy).

Erez