I am evaluating iSCSI in our production environment and have a
question.

When I induce a failure by powering down the iSCSI target while there
is active traffic and then restore the iSCSI target 5+ minutes later,
the filesystem remains in read-only mode.  Fair enough, I see by
reading the docs that anytime a filesystem error is generated the
filesystem is made read-only.

I can clear this by ummounting and then remounting the filesystem.  Is
there a more elegant or a recommended way of restoring the filesystem
to a read-write state once the iSCSI target has returned to service?

Ideally we'd like this to be a transparent process.  Perhaps dm-
multipath is what I need?

-geoff