On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:58:55PM +0200, Geoff Galitz wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
>
> One more question, I just looked through the iscsi.conf file and the README
> but I do not see a setting for explicitly setting dm-multipath.  How do I
> enable it?

You install the 'multipath' application and tweak the /etc/multipath.conf
files to have something like this:

device {
                vendor                  "EQLOGIC"
                product                 "100E-00"
                path_grouping_policy    failover
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
                                failback
immediate
}

That will make all the I/O for the EQLogic iSCSI target be queued up forever
until the iSCSI connection is restored.