On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:42 PM, v42bis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 6:23 am, "Erez Zilber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:20 AM, v42bis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Just saw the thread about rhel5 symbol problems, which seems to be my
>> > issue. Tried to apply the patch from Erez to 869.2 source, but it
>> > failed :(
>>
>> Try the attached patch.
>>
>> Erez
>>
>>  Add-compat-patch-for-RHEL-5.2.patch
>
> Thanks, Erez. That patch worked on 869.2. I am getting some warnings
> on boot/module load:
>
> Starting iSCSI initiator service: iscsidLoading iSCSI transport class
> v2.0-869.
> iscsi: registered transport (tcp)
> ib_iser: disagrees about version of symbol iscsi_conn_setup

ib_iser is an iSCSI transport (like iscsi_tcp) that runs over
InfiniBand. Here's the problem: ib_iser is part of your kernel. It
uses symbols of libiscsi, which is also part of the kernel. Now,
you're using another version of libiscsi. When ib_iser is loaded, it
checks the version of the libiscsi symbols that it uses (e.g.
iscsi_conn_setup). Because you're using a different version of
libiscsi, you get these errors and ib_iser cannot be loaded.

If you don't plan to use iSER, you can remove the line the loads it in
the init script (where it says something like modprobe ib_iser). If
you do plan to use iSER, there's also a solution for that.

Erez