hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu>wrote:

> Nikhil Talpallikar wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I cannot login to a target if I do a discovery via iSNS server, but if I
> do
>
> Are you doing
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t isns

yes

> > discovery using SendTarget method I can login........
> > I could figure out something.....but i am not able to resolve it.....
> >
> > When I do discovery via ST the req->flags (Login PDU flags) are set
> > to ISCSI_FLG_CSG_SECURITY, which calls CHAP authentication method.
> >
> > But when I do a discovery via iSNS server req->flags are set
> > to ISCSI_FLG_CSG_LOGIN due to which it does not use CHAP authentication.
> >

> It might be a bug in the open-iscsi setup code.
>
> Do you have the CHAP settings in /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf
>
> ?

yes

> Then when you do
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t isns
>

> for the targets found if you do
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port
>

> When it spits out the node info do you see the CHAP settings that should
> get used?

yes

> What version of the open-iscsi tools are using? Are then from
> open-iscsi.org or from a distro?

Its from a distro. RPM is open-iscsi-2.0.707-0.19.i586.rpm.

> > Why is this so? Does the iSNS server interfere with the login PDU???????

It can be a bug as you say. But where does the iSNS play a role in this
bug.
What I want to know is whether the initiator keeps some kind of mapping or a
flag for targets discovered via iSNS???

--
If you fool me once shame on you. If you fool me twice shame on me.

          \|||/
         (o o)

Nikhil Talpallikar
--talli ;)