Karen Xie wrote:
> So I only added the offset and count as additional parameters to alloc_pdu().
> So that the pdu payload is known at the time of pdu memory allocation.
>  include/scsi/libiscsi.h             |   12 +++++
>  include/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.h |    3 +

Hi Karen,

Please take into account that the iscsi transport and libiscsi APIs has more
consumers that are effects by changes. For example iSER also uses the alloc_pdu
API and your patch should take care of that. I would recommend adding the
needed CONFIG directives the other iSCSI transports to your default .config
profile which will allow you to catch such issues. Building Linus tree with
your patch I see warning both in the cxgbi and iser drivers wrt to the change.

Or.

[r...@linux-cto-1 linus-linux-2.6]# make
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-x86
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  CC [M]  drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iscsi_iser.o
drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/iscsi_iser.c:656: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
  LD [M]  drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/ib_iser.o
  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/cxgb3i/cxgb3i_iscsi.o
drivers/scsi/cxgb3i/cxgb3i_iscsi.c:913: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
  LD [M]  drivers/scsi/cxgb3i/cxgb3i.o
Kernel: arch/x86/boot/bzImage is ready  (#3)
  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 514 modules
  LD [M]  drivers/infiniband/ulp/iser/ib_iser.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/scsi/cxgb3i/cxgb3i.ko

the config directives for iser and ql4xxx are CONFIG_SCSI_QLA_ISCSI=m and
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ISER=m
for iser you would also need CONFIG_INFINIBAND=m and
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS=y