Hi all,

these two patches update the TMF handling to make it more
efficient and less error prone.

The first patch is just a minor tweak to allow new TMF
tasks as soon as we've received a response for the pending
one. Reasoning here is that eg LUN Reset might take
quite a while to abort all outstanding tasks, during which
time we cannot send any other LUN Reset even to another
LUN. So obviously, allowing another LUN Reset here
is the right thing to do. And even if we would be sending
a LUN Reset to this LUN we wouldn't do any harm as the
SCSI command abort is protected by a lock, so nothing
will happen here for consecutive LUN Resets.
And of course we're observing the error recovery
hierarchy, so an ABORT TASK will be rejected if LUN
Reset is in progress.

The second patch is the more important one, as it
fixes an error during LUN Reset handling in the
initiator. When sending a LUN Reset during an
ongoing R2T transfer, we're suspending Tx and
aborting all _SCSI_ tasks. However, once we're
done there we're resuming Tx and the R2T transfer
will happily continue. So we should rather be
checking for ongoing TMF tasks in iscsi_task_xmit
and terminate the I/O of the task affects us.
Note we're not actually interested in the outcome
of the TMF task as the I/O will be stopped
anyway even if the TMF task fails.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688