Ulrich Windl wrote:
> On 13 Aug 2009 at 11:55, Mike Christie wrote:
>
>> some additions:
>>

>> Mike Christie wrote:
>>> wait_on_commands()
>>> {
>>      while (check_restrictions(conn->task) &&
>>              session->state == LOGGED_IN)
>>              wait for a while
>
> "wait for a while" always looks like a design flaw to me. Wait for what?

For the xmit thread to catch up. Due to the asynchronous nature the
xmit thread is independent on the error handler thread, so the
eh thread has to be synchronized here until the xmit thread has processed
all outstanding commands.

Tricky, that. And the main reason why I didn't do it, but used the simpler
approach :-)

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688