OK, my mistake then; I should have written "LACP on the switch stack". I
mean if I have a multi blade switch (which came with the enclosure) and
the server room is so small that I can actually hook the SAN with
multiple wires to the said switch stack... why not? I'm asking because I
haven't seen this option mentioned, everybody seems to standardise on
multipath, wondered why... What's the catch? :-o

Morten Johansen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would say "Yes, but..." :-)
>
> I imagine it would give you High Avaliability against your switch, and
> possibly double the throughput.
>
> But using separate NICs, separate switches and DM-Multipath would give you
> the same thing, only all the way through to the SAN.
>

> Den 3 Dec, 2009 kl. 12:04 skrev Ciprian Marius Vizitiu (GBIF):
>

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Just wondering if anybody's got any experience with the bonding driver
>> (and LACP on the switch) used as an iSCSI path?  "OK"?   "Don't do
>> it!"?   "Yes, but..."?
>>
>> --

Ciprian Vizitiu
Webmaster / System Administrator