On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pa...@iki.fi> wrote:
> If you have just a single iscsi connection/login from the initiator to the
> target, then you'll have only one tcp connection, and that means bonding
> won't help you at all - you'll be only able to utilize one link of the
> bond.
>
> bonding needs multiple tcp/ip connections for being able to give more
> bandwidth.

That's what I thought, but I figured it was one of the following three
possibilities:
MPIO was (mis)configured and using more overhead than bonding
OR the initiator was firing multiple concurrent requests (which you
say it doesn't, I'll believe you)
OR the san was under massively different load between the test runs
(not too likely, but possible.  Only one other lun is in use).

> That seems a bit weird.
That's what I thought, otherwise I would have just gone with it.

> How did you configure multipath? Please paste your multipath settings.
>
> -- Pasi

Here's the /etc/multipath.conf.  Where there other config options that
you'd need to see?

devnode_blacklist {
devnode "^sda[0-9]*"
devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
devnode "^hd[a-z][[0-9]*]"
devnode "^cciss!c[0-9]d[0-9]*[p[0-9]*]"
}
devices {
device {
vendor "EMC "
product "SYMMETRIX"
path_grouping_policy multibus
getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
path_selector "round-robin 0"
features "0"
hardware_handler "0"
failback immediate
}
device {
vendor "DGC"
product "*"
path_grouping_policy group_by_prio
getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
prio_callout "/sbin/mpath_prio_emc /dev/%n"
hardware_handler "1 emc"
features "1 queue_if_no_path"
no_path_retry 300
path_checker emc_clariion