On 03/16/2010 04:50 AM, Alex Zeffertt wrote:
Mike Christie wrote:
On 03/15/2010 05:56 AM, Alex Zeffertt wrote:
The bugzilla ticket requests a merge of two git commits, but neither of
those contain the libiscsi.c change that addresses bug #2. Was this a
mistake, or did you deliberately omit that part of your
speed-up-conn-fail-take3.patch when you raised the ticket?

Hey,

It was laziness. I did not update the bugzilla. When I made it, I
thought we were only hitting #1 (this was the first patch I sent in
this thread). But when I was testing those 2 patches with RHEL 5, I
finally hit the problem that bet was hitting. When I figured out that
we were hitting #2, I made the second patch in this thread. I then
just did not update the bugzilla with the new patch. For RHEL I ended
up sending the second patch though.

Thanks for the clarification. Is the fix for #2 being upstreamed? If so,

I sent it to linux-scsi/James a couple days after I sent the patch in this thread. It is not merged yet.

is there a git commit I can reference? (This will make it easier for us
to drop the patch when we pull a kernel which has the fix in it.)

Do you want me to cc you on all future iscsi patches that go upstream? When James merges it and sends it to linus, then I get a automated message from him. If I cc you, you can get one too.

Thanks in advance,

Alex