On 04/06/2010 03:15 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 04:05:56PM -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
On 03/03/2010 01:13 PM, Florian Lohoff wrote:

Hi,
i reported a bug into the Debian Bug Tracking system that with
a 64bit Kernel and a 32bit Userspace the login fails.

See here:

This is very reproducable - using a 32 bit kernel or a pure 64 bit
userland makes it work immediatly - From Bastians response my guess
was that some 64/32 syscall wrapper is missing but my question on
how to proceed was not answered so i guess its the right thing to
send it here too ..

The iscsi netlink struct is not laid out correctly so on 32 bit user 64
bit kernel setups, when it gets passed from userspace to the kernel it
gets messed up. We have to redo the interface to fix this. Until then
you have to use 32 bit user with 32 bit kernel or 64 bit user with 64
bit kernels.

Is there any timeframe for this fix?

No. It is really really low on the TODO.

I was planning to install 64bit kernel to a 32bit RHEL5 system
(yes, not officially supported, I know ;) but this bug kind of makes
it no-go.. unfortunately.