On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 13:36 +0400, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
> Christopher Barry, on 06/10/2010 03:09 AM wrote:
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > Had a question about implementing mc/s using open-iscsi today. Wasn't
> > really sure exactly what it was. From googling about, I can't find any
> > references of people doing it with open-iscsi, although I see a few
> > references to people asking about it. Anyone know the status on that?
>
> http://scst.sourceforge.net/mc_s.html. In short, there's no point in it
> worth implementation and maintenance effort.

Heh, this URL is a bunch of b*llshit handwaving because the iscsi-scst
target does not support the complete set of features defined by
RFC-3720, namely MC/S and ErrorRecoveryLevel=2, let alone asymmeteric
logical unit access (ALUA) MPIO.   Vlad, if you are so sure that MC/S is
so awful, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and start
asking these questions on the IETF IPS list and see what Julian Satran
(the RFC editor) has to say about them..?

Hmmmm...?

--nab