Nicholas A. Bellinger, on 06/12/2010 07:22 AM wrote:
On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 23:17 +0000, Raj wrote:
Nicholas A. Bellinger <n...@...> writes:

Btw, just for those following along, here is what MC/S and ERL=2 when
used in combination (yes, they are complementary) really do:

http://linux-iscsi.org/builds/user/nab/Inter.vs.OuterNexus.Multiplexing.pdf

Also, I should mention in all fairness that my team was the first to
implement both a Target and Initiator capable of MC/S and
ErrorRecoveryLevel=2 running on Linux, and the first target capable of
running MC/S from multiple initiator implementations.

But the end result is what? open-iSCSI still doesn't have the MC/S even though it is useful?

So without going into a multi-year history lesson as to why MC/S is not
currently supported in Open-iSCSI, what it boils down to is this:

MC/S (or InterNexus multiplexing)

Not quite right: MC/S is "InterConnection" multiplexing inside a single nexus (session).

Vlad