On 07/12/2010 03:22 PM, Christopher Barry wrote:
All,

I'm running iscsiadm discovery from an initramfs, rather than
iscsistart, and I have a couple of questions.

I'm starting iscsid without any params, as the man page shows the
default iscsid.conf that will be used if nothing is specified as living
in /etc/iscsi/, which is present there.

I've successfully worked around the well known nss issues, but I'm
getting a weird error I do not understand during discovery:

iscsiadm: Could not read iface info for bond0. Make sure a
  iface config with the file name and iface.iscsi_ifacename bond0 is
in /var/lib/iscsi/ifaces

I have an iface file named /etc/iscsi/ifaces/bond0, here are it's
contents:
# /etc/iscsi/ifaces/bond0
iface.iscsi_ifacename = bond0
iface.net_ifacename = bond0
iface.transport_name = tcp

Now, if I copy the /etc/iscsi/ifaces/bond0 file
to /var/lib/iscsi/ifaces/ then discovery works.

Why? What am I missing that the configs in /etc/iscsi/* are not being
used?

I goofed.

The open-iscsi.org code uses /etc/iscsi to store db stuff in.

Most distro versions use /var/lib/iscsi.

When I made the original code, I did not know that it was supposed to go in /var instead of iscsi. And for open-iscsi.org I have not had time to make change it. I can change the code easily, but I wanted to write some script that moves the db from etc to var for the user, but had troubles with things like selinux blowing up when I had the tools do it automatically.