On 11/02/2010 05:16 PM, Chien, Tom wrote:
Solaris iSCSI target, I have a ZFS vfile volume being used as a block
device, the whole setup works without authentication, but as soon as I
configured CHAP on both ends, it stopped working, more specifically on
the initiator end, my laptop running Redhat Enterprise 5.5 whenever it
tries to log into the target, an error message would spill out saying
authentication rejected.

Solaris's target should work ok with RHEL 5.5's initiator.

Are you using bidirectional or one way chap. Does the username/password and username_in/passdword_in when you run:

iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port

match what you are trying to use?

Are you using CHAP with discovery and with normal sessions or just normal sessions? Make sure the discovery chap settings are set or the normal session (these would be the node.*) chap settings are being set correctly.