On 11/02/2010 05:45 PM, Chien, Tom wrote:
Solaris's target should work ok with RHEL 5.5's initiator.
Are you using bidirectional or one way chap. Does the
username/password and username_in/passdword_in when you run:
iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port
match what you are trying to use?

I tried both unidirection and bidirection, with uni(target authenticates
initiator), only "username/password" are set, and with bi, the
"username_in/passdword_in" were also set, will check the match and reply
back

Are you using CHAP with discovery and with normal sessions or just
normal sessions? Make sure the discovery chap settings are set or the
normal session>>(these would be the node.*) chap settings are being set
correctly.

I've read both RFC's regarding iSCSI as well as the Open-iSCSI's README
file, don't think I know what you are talking about here...in the
"/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf" file, there are more settings, maybe that's
what you are refering to, I'll check and reply back

There are discovery.sendtargets.auth.* settings which is used for CHAP during discovery sessions (sessions that are created so the initiatlr can ask the target what target and portls it has - what happens when you run iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip:port). Then for sessions to the target/portals we found during discovery or setup statically that we access devices like disks through we have the node.session.auth.* values.

Initially when you do discovery the /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf settings are read in and used for discovery and for setting up the target/portal records (when you see when you run iscsiadm -m node and iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port). If you want to change a specific target portals settings in the db you can see them with

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port
then change them with

iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port -o update -n name-of-param-like-.node.session.auth.username -v yourname

or you can also just edit /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and rerun the discovery command if you wanted to overwrite everything.