On 11/10/2010 05:02 PM, p...@fhri.org wrote:
I had a session logged in while structural changes were made to the SAN.
The session is no longer valid as target names and LUNs have changed.
However, I cannot log the session out or even stop the iscsi service on
the server.  I can't bounce the server for several more days.  I can
stop the iscsid service which stops the barage of login errors I get
from the SAN, but I cannot end the session or remove the node.

[db1: ~]# iscsiadm -m node -p 172.16.10.11 -o delete
iscsiadm: This command will remove the record [iface: default, target:
target0, portal: 172.16.10.11,3260], but a session is using it. Logout
session then rerun command to remove record.
iscsiadm: Could not execute operation on all records. Err 22.

Yeah, that should fail. It only deletes the record for the target portal. It would not log it out.

[db1: ~]# iscsiadm -m node --logoutall=all
Logging out of session [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
172.16.10.11,3260]
iscsiadm: Could not logout of [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
172.16.10.11,3260]:
iscsiadm: initiator reported error (9 - internal error)

This should work. Can you run

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

and send the output.

internal error normally means the session is just getting started and so we cannot log it out yet.

[db1: ~]# service iscsi stop
Logging out of session [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
172.16.10.11,3260]
iscsiadm: Could not logout of [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
172.16.10.11,3260]:
iscsiadm: initiator reported error (9 - internal error)
Stopping iSCSI daemon:                              [  OK  ]

This runs the logout all command above so it fails for the same reason.

[db1: ~]# iscsiadm -m session
tcp: [1] 172.16.10.11:3260,4 target0

CentOS 5.4  (2.6.18-164.11.1.el5)
iscsi-initiator-utils.x86_64    6.2.0.871-0.16.el5

Thanks for your help,
Paul

--
ea926p