From: Mike Christie [mailto:micha...@cs.wisc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:30 PM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Cc: p...@fhri.org
Subject: Re: cannot logout

On 11/10/2010 05:02 PM, p...@fhri.org wrote:
> I had a session logged in while structural changes were made to the
SAN.
> The session is no longer valid as target names and LUNs have changed.
> However, I cannot log the session out or even stop the iscsi service
> on the server.  I can't bounce the server for several more days.  I
> can stop the iscsid service which stops the barage of login errors I
> get from the SAN, but I cannot end the session or remove the node.
>
> [db1: ~]# iscsiadm -m node -p 172.16.10.11 -o delete
> iscsiadm: This command will remove the record [iface: default, target:
> target0, portal: 172.16.10.11,3260], but a session is using it. Logout

> session then rerun command to remove record.
> iscsiadm: Could not execute operation on all records. Err 22.

Yeah, that should fail. It only deletes the record for the target
portal. It would not log it out.

> [db1: ~]# iscsiadm -m node --logoutall=all Logging out of session
> [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
> 172.16.10.11,3260]
> iscsiadm: Could not logout of [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
> 172.16.10.11,3260]:
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (9 - internal error)

This should work. Can you run

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

and send the output.

internal error normally means the session is just getting started and so
we cannot log it out yet.

> [db1: ~]# service iscsi stop
> Logging out of session [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
> 172.16.10.11,3260]
> iscsiadm: Could not logout of [sid: 1, target: target0, portal:
> 172.16.10.11,3260]:
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (9 - internal error)
> Stopping iSCSI daemon:                              [  OK  ]

This runs the logout all command above so it fails for the same reason.

--
ea926p