On 01/27/2011 01:29 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 01/27/2011 01:10 AM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
I've been configuring a number of CentOS 5.5 hosts against a pair of
Dell MD3220i storage arrays.

I've got one CentOS box which I'd done target discovery against the
wrong storage array.

I'd like to clear that array's records in the CentOS box's discoverdb.

I've managed to delete the node entries, but am stumped with
discoverydb:

$ sudo iscsiadm -m discoverydb -P1
SENDTARGETS:
DiscoveryAddress: 10.1.250.218,3260
No targets found.
iSNS:
No targets found.
STATIC:
No targets found.
FIRMWARE:
No targets found.

Trying the obvious fails:

$ sudo iscsiadm -m discoverydb --op=delete
iscsiadm: Invalid operation. Operation not supported.

Googling has been fruitless so far.

Clues?

Incidentally, the node deletion recipe (I sort of stumbled into it) that
semed to work was:

$ sudo iscsiadm -m node --name='record' --value='' --op=delete

I didn't find this documented in the open-iscsi README (which is
otherwise among the bettre iSCSI docs I've found).

Where did you get the README? Was it in the tarball or in
/usr/share/docs/iscsi-initiatar-utils-$VERSION/README?

In the current README, this info should be in the iscsiadm examples (it
is also in some other parts, but I think the examples is easiest to read).

I think you want this:

-Delete discovery record. This will also delete the records for the
targets found through the discovery source.

iscsiadm -m discoverydb -t sendtargets -p 192.168.1.1:3260 -o delete

To just remove a portal/node's record you can do

Removing iSCSI portal:

iscsiadm -m node -o delete -T iqn.2005-03.com.max -p 192.168.0.4:3260

Oh yeah, so the commands I listed above will delete the entire discovery or node record.

Did you just want to clear specific values in a record?