On 03/29/2011 06:51 AM, Matthew Richardson wrote:

There appears to only be one such file, in libiscsi2 directory.  Have
attached logs after enabling this debugging.

It looks like the iscsi layer reconncts to the target and starts to send scsi IO again. We get a reply for the first 2 scsi command we send, but we do not seem to get a reply for everything else.

The noop checks kick in and we send some iscsi nops/pings to see if the target is still there. We do get replies to those, so we assume the target is still working on the scsi commands we sent.

The scsi command timers then kick in and that forces the scsi eh to run. That results in us dropping the session and relogging in again. That seems to do the trick and IO starts flowing again (we send IO and the target starts responding).

- Is it possible to turn on the libiscsi2 and iscsi_tcp debugging at the same time?

- Could you also take a tcpdump trace on the target, so we can check that the target is getting the scsi commands that we are waiting on?

- Is there anything in the target logs about the initiator violating protocol, or sequence number violations, or command windows, or commands being dropped?

- What version of IET were you using?