On 11/27/2011 02:28 PM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I configured my target with crc32 option and open-iscsi would not connect to
> it.
>
> More specifically, I tried iscsitarget (iet) first which accepted the
> connection without crc although it was specified in the config but
> when I replaced it with istgt I could not connect anymore.
>
> Shouldn't this be detected automagically?

It depends on what value you used for the digest option on the target
and initiator. For header digests the initiator has the
node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest option. You can set this to:

CRC32C
or
CRC32C,None
or
None
or
None,CRC32C

On the target you have similar option values. It depends on what you set
on the initiator and target to determine the behavior.

If you set the target digests values the same then there might be a bug.