On 11/27/2011 10:56 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
> On 11/27/2011 05:00 PM, Michal Suchanek wrote:

>>> It depends on what value you used for the digest option on the target
>>> and initiator. For header digests the initiator has the
>>> node.conn[0].iscsi.HeaderDigest option. You can set this to:
>>>
>>> CRC32C
>>> or
>>> CRC32C,None
>>> or
>>> None
>>> or
>>> None,CRC32C
>>>
>>> On the target you have similar option values. It depends on what you set
>>> on the initiator and target to determine the behavior.
>>>
>>> If you set the target digests values the same then there might be a bug.
>>>

>> I set the target to CRC32C and open-iscsi insists on using None unless
>> manually changed.
>
> I am not sure what you mean. The default value for open-iscsi is None,
> so yeah if you want to let the target decide you have to change it in
> iscsid.conf or in the iscsi db for existing targets. If you change it in
> iscsid.conf then it will be used for future targets that are
> discovered/setup.
>

>> I use open-iscsi form Debian: 2.0.871.3-2squeeze1.
>>
>> There is a package of later version which does not work at all.
>>
>> Apparently iet allows None even when set to CRC32C but istgt only
>> allows the value set in config.
>>

> Can't help much there. You would have to take that up on the IET and tgt
> lists. I am not sure how to configure them.

Just to make sure I understand you though. You are saying for open-iscsi
you need to change the default setting from None (there is nothing I can
do for that except change the default value in the code I guess), and
you are saying some of the targets might not be doing the right thing,
right?