Hi,
I'm currently looking into setting up my first iscsi storage system(s) for
virtualization.
The issue I'm currently trying to find more details on is the timeouts
involved in the iscsi traffic.

>From what I found on the web the following timeouts are relevant:

os: /sys/block/sda/device/timeout
initiator: node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout
target/initiator: DefaultTime2Retain

Apparently the "Time2Retain" is negotiated between initiator and target.

Can somebody explain how these values are used in running iscsi session?
Which values are relevant if I want to prevent I/O errors on the clients
side due to a short disruption of the network connection?

Regards,
  Dennis