On 08/08/2012 07:29 PM, David Corlette wrote:
> I'm having a weird problem with open-iscsi attempting to use it with
> SBD. This is on SLES11 SP2 with the HAE and open-iscsi installed.
>
> I created an iSCSI Target on system A (using iscsitarget) and set up a
> 1MB device/LUN for use with SBD. I then used YaST / iSCSI Initiator on
> system B  (which installs open-iscsi) to discover and log in to the
> iSCSI Target (with no auth credentials), found the LUN, and set up
> SBD to use that device (by ID). This all works great.
>
> I set the open-iscsi service to start on boot, and when I logged in to

> node.startup = onboot

onboot was meant for booting from the iscsi device.

You just want automatic.

node.startup = automatic

To update that value set it in iscsid.conf and then rerun the discovery
command or run

iscsiadm -m node -T yourtarget -p yourip -o update -n node.startup -v
automatic

(for both make sure you are logged out of running sessions)