On 11/26/2012 03:16 PM, johan...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 26, 2012 6:42:16 PM UTC, Mike Christie wrote:
>
>     On 11/21/2012 06:50 AM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>     > Those two units, based on the work by J�hann B. Gu�mundsson,
>     exploit
>     > on-demand socket activation in iscsid.
>
>     Did J�hann do some iscsi work on the files in this patch or did
>     you just
>     base your work off some base/example/other unit file he worked on?
>

> He based his patch on the units in 714688 in bz.rh you know the one that
> I do believe I emailed you about and you never responded to.

I do not work at red hat anymore. The email address in that bz goes who
knows where, so I definitely did not respond :)

If you posted to this list my apologies, I do not see the mail. I must
have deleted it.

> I migrated that stuff since the delay was disrupting Dan's walsh work
> libvirt-sandbox containers work and the necessary changes to the spec
> file which he was helping me testing since I'm to busy @dayjob to get
> into my head into iscsi and setup the necessary environment for that
> then Tomasz decided to taking it a step further and socket activate it.
>
> Chris Leech had started looking into what I had submitted not sure where
> he is with that but he had was getting I/O errors and hung reboots when
> testing iSCSI root which indicates the daemon needs to place the
> following at the top of its main() function:
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv) {
>         argv[0][0] = '@';
> }
>
> As is mentioned here [1] and it could well be that he has been working on
> implementing that.
>
> I was hoping that we could push an unit version of iscsi into F18
> instead of having to wait another six months thus making the migration
> taking what close to two years to complete but as soon as we hit beta
> freeze that wont happen.
>
> JBG
>
> 1.http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/RootStorageDaemons

So are you guys running iscsid from the initramfs now, or are you still
running iscsistart from the initramfs then running iscsid from the root
disk?