On 01/16/2013 12:13 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
> On 01/14/2013 09:50 AM, moander83 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> iscsiadm is configured with CHAP, and on the NAS there are only a few
>> (of many) targets shared with the same user/pass configured on my
>> server.
>>
>> Because of this I get allot of errors in my logs.
>>
>> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (24 - iSCSI login failed due to
>> authorization failure)
>>

>> Is it possible to ignore these targets? Or even better, specify what
>> targets I want to connect to?
>>

> You can delete targets you do not want to use
>
> iscsiadm -m node -o delete -T target -p ip
>
> You would have to redo this every time you do discovery though because
> the target will keep telling us about them.
>
> Or,
>
> You can just set the setting to not login automatically for specific
> targets:
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip -o update -n node.startup -v manual
>
> You would have to redo this every time you do discovery though because
> the target will keep telling us about them.
>

> Or,
>
> You can set the default startup mode to manual. In /etc/iscsid.conf set
> node.startup to manual, then
>
> you can enable specific targets to get automatically logged in
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip -o update -n node.startup -v automatic

Morten, mentioned that if you run the discovery command after setting
that then your old settings will get overwritten.

To bypass that you can do:

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p ip -o new -o delete

That will only add new targets found and delete ones that are no longer
returned. It will not change existing targets, so the node.start setting
should not get reset.