On 03/15/2013 06:02 AM, zarnovi...@gmail.com wrote:
> I assume that I'm not hitting any of those timeouts, otherwise I should
> see something in debug output. Do any of those values affect the kernel
> part of iSCSI client ?

If you were hitting a iscsi issue then you should see something in
/var/log/messages from the sdX device and/or the iscsi layer before the
FS error messages. You would see something about a
DID_TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED or DID_ERROR or DID_TRANSPORT_FAILFAST. You
might also see something about the iscsi replacement/recovery timeout
expiring. The iscsiadm session state would also show not logged in.

> Do the counts (iorequest_cnt, iodone_cnt, ioerr_cnt) mean that every
> request sent out was successfully completed ? ( iorequest_cnt
> == iodone_cnt )

If they are equal then it means everything has been going smoothly and
the scsi eh has not had to run. If a command timesout and the scsi eh
runs then those values would be different. The iodone_cnt is not
incremented in that case.

> I would like to know if the response to write is an actual error
> response sent by the target or is it a (network) problem related to client.

ioerr_cnt = 0 indicates the iscsi layer has not failed any commands due
to something like connection error or due to the target/device sending
back a failure.

The thing is that it could be non-zero and we could have got check
conditions from the device that were just telling us that the device is
ready or something informative like that.