On Mar 21, 10:26 pm, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> On 03/15/2013 06:02 AM, zarnovi...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I assume that I'm not hitting any of those timeouts, otherwise I should
> > see something in debug output. Do any of those values affect the kernel
> > part of iSCSI client ?
>
> If you were hitting a iscsi issue then you should see something in
> /var/log/messages from the sdX device and/or the iscsi layer before the
> FS error messages. You would see something about a
> DID_TRANSPORT_DISRUPTED or DID_ERROR or DID_TRANSPORT_FAILFAST. You
> might also see something about the iscsi replacement/recovery timeout
> expiring. The iscsiadm session state would also show not logged in.

Mike, thanks for your answer.

I figured it out.. The problem was that the device was deleted while
VM was
still using it. In Openstack/Netapp, different volumes may get the
same LUN
id as they are connected and disconnected. In some cases Openstack
would
try to disconnect a volume which was already disconnected, supplying a
LUN id
that the volume *had* before, but used by someone else now..

That device delete was partly my own fault, I admit.

Every time it happened, the device was re-added soon after by --
rescan.
That's why there were no errors, no iSCSI session state changes.

Regards,

Brano Zarnovican