On 4/7/13 11:07 PM, Masatake YAMATO wrote:
I am not sure what the second sentence about it really being about the
initiator means.

The kernel dir in the open-iscsi dir is not used any more for newer kernels. If
you have a older supported kernel then you can use the kernel modules by doing

make kernel

They are not updated any more though. They are for older setups.

For newer kernels you should use the iscsi modules that come with a stable
kernel.org kernel or a distro kernel.

(I had the same question.)

No git tree for the latest code?

I guess following scsi tree is approximation. However, my patch is never
appeared in the tree.

   https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi.git/

I used to have a kernel.org iscsi kernel tree, but I have been getting maybe 1 patch every 6 months that I have to submit/resubmit myself (that is compated to where emulex or qlogic just sends to the list and I just have to review/ack), so there was not point in keeping up the tree.

How(or where) can I know the patch I submitted to the open-iscsi
kernel side is really merge to open-iscsi (or scsi) git tree?

If you send the patch to only open-iscsi then I send to linux-scsi. James then picks it up and when that happens you get a email about if it went into the misc or rc branch of the scsi tree. If you send to the linux-scsi list and I just ack/review it then normally James picks it up and then you also get a mail about which branch he put it. I do not know why he would not pick up your patch after I acked/reviewed it on the linux-scsi list this time. He probably has just been missing it.