On 4/8/13 5:17 PM, eriks...@gmail.com wrote:

As I understand it WRITE SAME is an optional command to improve performance
not supported by every device. Is it possible to disable its use, or at the
very least, stop the kernel/driver from filling the logs with these
messages?

The open-iscsi driver has no control over this. I think there is a ext4 mounting option to control the feature. I think in newer kernels the scsi layer will disable the use of the feature when you get the first illegal request error but am not sure.

Or, I think you can disable it from sysfs if you set the write_same_blocks file to 0.