Hi Mike:

I am dealing with a problem in Equallogic, and it looks like the Current
Portal and Persistent Portal are different.

As this is something I haven't seen before, I was hoping you could explain
what it is.

I see in the README:

        Current Portal: portal currently logged into
        Persistent Portal: portal we would fall back to if we had got
redirected during login

Is this related to Equallogic's iSCSI login redirect?

It sounds like the Persistent Portal is the one that we initially try to
log into, and the Current Portal is the one we get redirected to. Or is
that backwards?

What happens if we discover the main (group virtual) portal, and our Node
record reflects that, then we get redirected? It seems like the Portal is
going to differ between the Node record and the Session record, which might
explain what I'm seeing.

In this particular case, the problem occurs when Yast tries to step through
the Session records, doing an "iscsiadm -m node -I default -T <iqn> -p
<ip:port> -P1" for each session, but IPs does not match.

Thanks.