On 01/09/2015 07:46 AM, Mathieu Bouillaguet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two questions regarding open-iscsi.
>
> 1) I experience the same as exposed by the person in this post :
> http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/6415-iscsid-it-starts-two-process
>
> When I execute iscsid by hand or startup the service, two processes are
> being spawned.

Why are you doing this?

> As a result when I stop the service only one process is killed the other
> stays there. I have to pkill iscsid to clean this process.
>
> Only one process has an associated iscsid.pid file, the second judging
> by pid ordering. The second only has an unix socket openned.
>
> If I start iscsid in foreground with -f option, only one process is spawn.
>
> Is this a normal behaviour and if yes, how are we suppose to cleanly
> stop the service ?

There are 2 processes. One if the main process that does iscsi
operations like login. The other is used for logging, because the main
process cannot block trying to log a message.

Does this work ok when using the init script to start the iscsi service?

What distro is this? Are you using systemd? Are you using the open-iscsi
init script that came with your distro or from this source?

> 2) After having done some iscsiadm operations I don't remember, Each
> time I enter an iscsiadm command, I get error messages regarding unfound
> sessions. The normal output follows but I cannot discard these error
> messages.
>
> Here is an example of these error messages :
>
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session11
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session12
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session13
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session14
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session15
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session16
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session24
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session25
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session26
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session30
> iscsiadm: could not read session targetname: 5
> iscsiadm: could not find session info for session31
>
> The only way I found to remove these messages was to reboot the machine.
> Is there another way to clean these states ?

I do not know from the info you gave us. Probably not. Something went
buggy or iscsid was killed while in the middle of logging in. We would
need the logs and the commands you ran and if you can replicate then
running iscsid by hand with debugging on (-d 8).