Hi Cathy:

Too many quote levels, so I’m starting from scratch.

I understand now that what you are talking about is your dracut environment,
not run time iscsi initiator support.

In this environment, how is iscsid getting started?

As you know, the change you propose is a dracut change, not an open-iscsi
change. Never the less, I’d like to reply to your request for comment.

I think the key is in this, from your first RFC email:

>        Therefore, to fix the issue, we'd either choose to remove the
>        use of
>        iscsid and solely use iscsistart or to remove iscsistart and
>        use iscsid
>        and iscsiadm to manage the iSCSI sessions.

That seems like the wrong approach to me. iscsiadm/iscsid were designed for
this. The iscsistart script was designed for sing, one-shot use, and is not
used in dracut now at all, AFAIK.

—
Lee Duncan