On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 8:13:01 AM UTC-8, si-wei liu wrote:

> On 12/21/2017 05:03 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
> > That seems like the wrong approach to me. iscsiadm/iscsid were designed
> for this. The iscsistart script was designed for sing, one-shot use, and is
> not used in dracut now at all, AFAIK.
> The latter is not true, unfortunately. Distros like OpenSUSE and SLES
> does move to iscsiadm to manage sessions for their dracut fork,
> however, the upstream dracut still uses iscsistart now. The context is
> that it might take a while for the SUSE patches to be upstream ready,
> hence we need an interim that addressed the particular iSCSI boot issue
> when dealing with multiple interfaces, until iscsiadm dracut patches
> become avail. Please see:
>
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04502.html
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04505.html
> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/msg04506.html
>

> Thanks,
> -Siwei

Thank you for the context. I disagree with this approach, but I understand
now. If Martin would have asked me, I would have suggested that you guys
copy the openSUSE approach, even though those are not upstream yet. It
would have minimized the amount of re-work you have to do later, IMHO. But
that is water over the bridge.

In that case, these changes (to be reviewed) are just yanking out the
systemd/iscsid stuff. If that works for you, I see no objection. But I
didn't see any addition of iscsistart. Won't that be needed?