Hi Donald,
Hi The Lee-man,

Thanks for the reply. Both replies were helpful and both replies actually
clarified my concepts. And I realized, the question was not clear....You
were kind enough to reply in detail even when the question of was not clear
!

*The Lee-man*, your guess was right. I was thinking something like that and
I realized it makes no sense.

*Donald*: Yes, you are right. I took this point of yous "*then doing normal
I/O to that iSCSI disk will provide all the traffic you will typically
need*"....the
wireshark showed me !

I'm a novice in Open-iSCSI yet very much interested in it. Please excuse my
simple questions. It is written, Open-iSCSI acts as "*kernel driver*"
between "*block layer*" and "*network layer*". Therefore following two
questions:

- Linux block layer perform IO scheduling IO submissions to storage device
driver. If there is a physical device, the block layer interacts with it
through SCSI mid layer and SCSI low level drivers. So, how *actually* a
software initiator (*Open-iSCSI*) interacts with "*block layer*"?  I will
be really grateful if you can explain me.

- What confuses me, where does the "*disk driver*" comes into play?

Thanks :-)