> So we could just add a CAP_SCSI_EH_TRANSPORT OFFLINE flag to
> the iscsi_transport->caps struct. When userspace sees that then
> it knows the kernel will now do the right thing.
>
> The drawback is that we have to patch userspace and then also
> get the the new CAP_SCSI_EH_TRANSPORT_OFFLINE patch in the stable
> kernels.

Another drawback of this approach is that we are covering up a bug in
the kernel, which is still possible to hit if someone/something besides
iscsid decides to write to the sysfs state field at the unlucky timing.
Not sure how much we care about this. If it's considered a non-issue,
then I'll put together the change you described and send it to
linux-scsi as well.

Thanks,
Uday