Hi,

What is your background from a development standpoint? Also, what is the time
frame for the Summer of Code project? (Excuse my ignorance about it -- not
being eligible, I haven't followed it as closely as I could.) OPENJPA-130 is a
great project for someone interested in learning about how OpenJPA loads and
stores data, and the intricacies of how field mappings work. OPENJPA-125 is
probably not a good place to start, since I think that we're going to want to
get something hammered out for it before summertime is over.

If you're looking for more ideas, I can think of a number of other interesting
projects that involve various other parts of OpenJPA, such as OPENJPA-170,
OPENJPA-129, OPENJPA-128, OPENJPA-127. Are you more interested in learning
about the OpenJPA architecture as a whole, or about creating a feature and
expertise in one particular area of the codebase?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.