It is a reported as a toplink exception and since the toplink jar is all I
changed to resolve it this is my top candidate. Here is the trace from one of
the tests but since I use table per class throughout my application all
persisting test cases fail

Here is the trace

<code>
with name 'categoryFactory' defined in file
[/BidSpec/applications/emall/target/test-classes/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot
resolve reference to bean 'bidSpecEntityManagerFactory' while setting bean
property 'entityManagerFactory'; nested exception is
with name 'bidSpecEntityManagerFactory' defined in file
[/BidSpec/applications/emall/target/test-classes/applicationContext.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [TOPLINK-28018] (Oracle
TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: predeploy for PersistenceUnit [BidSpecPersistenceUnit]
failed.
Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0
(Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'bidSpecEntityManagerFactory' defined in file
[/BidSpec/applications/emall/target/test-classes/applicationContext.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [TOPLINK-28018] (Oracle
TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: predeploy for PersistenceUnit [BidSpecPersistenceUnit]
failed.
Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0
(Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [TOPLINK-28018]
(Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: predeploy for PersistenceUnit [BidSpecPersistenceUnit]
failed.
Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0
(Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(Ent
ityManagerSetupImpl.java:615)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerFactoryProvider.createContainerE
ntityManagerFactory(EntityManagerFactoryProvider.java:178)
at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.createNativeE
ntityManagerFactory(LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:214)
at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(
AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:251)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.inv
okeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1143)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.ini
tializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1110)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cre
ateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:431)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:254)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingle
ton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:144)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:251)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:163)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveRef
erence(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:271)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveVal
ueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:128)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.app
lyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1047)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pop
ulateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:843)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cre
ateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:427)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(Abstra
ctBeanFactory.java:254)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingle
ton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:144)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:251)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBe
anFactory.java:163)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut
owireByName(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:862)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.pop
ulateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:810)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.aut
owireBeanProperties(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:273)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.injectDep
endencies(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:179)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.prepareTe
stInstance(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:158)
at
org.springframework.test.AbstractSingleSpringContextTests.setUp(AbstractSingleSp
ringContextTests.java:88)
at
org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(ConditionalTestCase.java:69
)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ac
cess$001(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:47)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests$1.
run(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:115)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nTest(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:180)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nTestTimed(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:153)
at
org.springframework.test.annotation.AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.ru
nBare(AbstractAnnotationAwareTransactionalTests.java:111)
at
org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:159)
at
org.springframework.test.jpa.AbstractJpaTests.runBare(AbstractJpaTests.java:239)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
at org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:35)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(Abstra
ctDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirec
toryTestSuite.java:125)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav
a:25)
at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBoote
r.java:290)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818)
Caused by: Exception [TOPLINK-28018] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build 40
(03/21/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
Exception Description: predeploy for PersistenceUnit [BidSpecPersistenceUnit]
failed.
Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0
(Build 40 (03/21/2007))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.predeployFailed
(EntityManagerSetupException.java:212)
... 52 more
Caused by: Exception [TOPLINK-7152] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build 40
(03/21/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException
Exception Description: Table per class inheritance is not supported. Entity
class [class ca.BidSpec.emall.categories.AttributeType].
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ValidationException.tablePerClassInheritanc
eNotSupported(ValidationException.java:1422)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.MetadataValidator.throwTabl
ePerClassInheritanceNotSupported(MetadataValidator.java:372)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.MetadataDescriptor.setInher
itanceStrategy(MetadataDescriptor.java:901)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.accessors.ClassAccessor.pro
cessInheritance(ClassAccessor.java:952)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.accessors.ClassAccessor.pro
cessTableAndInheritance(ClassAccessor.java:1412)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.accessors.ClassAccessor.pro
cess(ClassAccessor.java:464)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.metadata.MetadataProcessor.processAn
notations(MetadataProcessor.java:225)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.ejb.cmp3.persistence.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processO
RMetadata(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:354)
at
oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(Ent
ityManagerSetupImpl.java:584)
... 51 more
</code>