James-

It should be possible. The easiest way (and the most implementation- agnostic) would be to simply generate the classes with the appropriate mapping annotations, and then just load them at runtime.

The somewhat tricky part would be to ensure they get enhanced by the system when they are loaded. You could just run the - javaagent:openjpa.jar flag with no arguments, and I believe it will scan all loaded classes for annotations, but that can slow things down quite a bit. A faster solution would be to run your generated classes through the enhancer.

Take a look at the code for org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCClassFileTransformer ... if you can't use that directly, then it might be good to use as a starting point.