Calvin,

Thanks for the information it was very helpful.

I ran into an issue trying to use this for RHEL5 though and was hoping you
or someone else on this list might have some insight. I created the content
for RHEL5 using the guide I found here:

https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/wiki/Building-from-Source

I used this method:

$ cd scap-security-guide/RHEL/5/
$ make

I then copied the resulting ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml file from the output
directory. Once I uploaded it to the target server I ran the command below.

oscap xccdf eval --profile stig-rhel5-server-upstream
/tmp/work/ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml

I wound up getting a ton of errors like the ones below. Any idea what might
be the issue?

File '/tmp/work/ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml' line 16103: Element '{
http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.1}fix', attribute 'platform': 'Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:anyURI'.
 [xccdf_session.c:342]
File '/tmp/work/ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml' line 16123: Element '{
http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.1}fix', attribute 'platform': 'Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:anyURI'.
 [xccdf_session.c:342]
File '/tmp/work/ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml' line 16162: Element '{
http://checklists.nist.gov/xccdf/1.1}fix', attribute 'platform': 'Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:anyURI'.
 [xccdf_session.c:342]
Invalid XCCDF Checklist (1.1) content in /tmp/work/ssg-rhel5-xccdf.xml.
[xccdf_session.c:352]

Ron Herzing
Linux Systems Engineer
<https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/verify.html?certNumber=150-010-197&isSearch=False&verify=Verify>